Monday 16 January 2017

Running Short On Time!


Lads and lasses, this blog entry I'm going to talk about coming to the realisation 2 days out from the required list submission for the CanCon 2017 tournament, That I simply wouldn't have the time to complete my Knight army previously mentioned here on the blog after crunching the numbers and time required to paint the remaining formations.

List of armies coming: Click Here.
For a break down of whats coming from D6 Addiction :Click Here.

So, it was to the drawing board I went. I wanted to run something different and I've always used CanCon to get a new army painted up which is handy but looking unlikely for this year. As I stood there looking at my storage bins filled with various epic armies and future projects one box stuck out, filled with Ork Gargants!

Thankfully I am able to quickly speed paint these models up and get away with a messier paint job because... Orks. As an added bonus I also am borrowing two Fighta Bomba formations and a Loota Boyz that are mostly already painted / only need basing from my Ghazghkull Warhorde army.

The following is some work in progress on the force and a completed Gargant and Supa-Stompa leaving a couple of Great Gargants to finish with washes etc.

This formation of Ork Boyz, or 'Lootas' were thankfully already painted just requiring basing.


Another step in the process for the basing, If time permits I will also try and Highlight the boys with some brighter greens so they pop a little more.

The airbrush made quick work of this armies basecoat, you can see some work done on the Supa-Stopma and Gargant


Some progress on one of the Great Gargants

Big fella is ready for a wash!

Getting there with this Great Gargant also, Just needing to go through and paint all the rivets!

Completed and based Supa-Stompa

Completed Gargant

Opposite side 

Some full frontal action

I was contemplating leaving the surprise of what I'd be taking to a lot of my mates for the day of but that would leave me with little to post on here as this is what I'm currently working and focusing on.

Cheers for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Great looking stuff. I've got a pile of Gargants that I should paint up.

    Subscribed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a great website.Keep sharing more.

    If while using your system any virus problem occurs like hacking then easily contact McAfee activates to install a perfect antivirus into the system visit our website McAfee account login to know everything in detail.

    ReplyDelete